Learn to Dance at YOUR Pace
I offer private dance lessons for individuals and couples interested in partner dancing, whether it be for a special event or just for fun. I especially welcome people who are shy, nervous or think they have little rhythm or coordination.
Private dance lessons are perfect if you...
- Get nervous in a group class setting and prefer working one-on-one
- Want to learn at your own speed rather than be rushed (or slowed) by the pace of a group class
- Want to become a better dancer faster
- Have a busy schedule and want to maximize your time
- Want to take your dancing to the next level by improving your leading/following, rhythm and technique, styling, musicality, etc.
- Are preparing for a special event or trip
Each lesson is 50 minutes long.
During private dance lessons, you’ll get one-on-one instruction tailored to your interests, learning speed and comfort level. Here are some of things you’ll learn:
- Dance steps proven successful on the social dance floor
- How to lead and/or follow so you can dance with anyone
- How to hear the beat and keep time to music
- How to recover when you make a mistake and tips for looking like you know what you’re doing (even when you don’t!)
- Dance etiquette and culture so you’re in-the-know
- Styling and technique so that you look and feel good
Monday-Thursday nights and Sundays 10am-2pm
Private Studio near Oakland's Diamond District (Approx Map)
A la carte – 1 lesson: $135
Basic Package – 3 lessons: $350 (save $55)
Standard Package – 5 lessons: $530 (save $145)
Deluxe Package – 10 lessons: $940 (save $410)
You may pay with cash, check, VenMo or PayPal. Note: The total amount for lesson packages is due upfront (unless a payment plan has been arranged).
I teach over 20 styles of partner dancing plus line dances!
Swing & Blues: East Coast Swing, West Coast Swing, Lindy Hop, Blues dancing and a little Balboa
Salsa & Latin: Salsa, Bachata, Merengue, Rumba, Cha Cha and Samba
Ballroom: Waltz, Foxtrot, Tango and Viennese Waltz
Country: Country/Texas Two Step, Arizona/Rhythm Two Step, Country Swing, Country Waltz
Hustle, Nightclub and More: Hustle, Nightclub Two Step, Cajun-Zydeco and a little Argentine Tango
Line Dances: Electric Slide, Hustle, Cupid Shuffle, Cha Cha Slide, Wobble, Macarena, Boot Scootin' Boogie, YMCA, etc.